- Don’t expect anything from anyone, no matter how much kindness you show.
- Whoever wants to do something will do it, those who do not want to will find excuses.
- Don’t trust anyone, people are hypocritical and two-faced – no matter how religious they appear.
- Don’t wait for people to apologise, they don’t. Getting an apology from some people is like getting blood out of a stone.
- Nothings lasts: not happiness nor sadness.
- Honesty and openness don’t exist, not even in so-called religious folk. Both are as extinct as dinosaurs.
- Solitude is bliss.
- Know your worth, don’t let anyone put you down.
- If people are arrogant, self-centred and stubborn – don’t complain! Thank God you are not like them.
- Having trust in God works wonders, especially in times when you least expect.
I request brothers and sisters to write their own lesson(s) learnt from this last year In Sha Allah, in the comments below.
Ismail Ibn Nazir Satia (one who is in dire need of Allah’s forgiveness, mercy and pleasure)