Notes taken from a course:
1. Sins – Will destroy happiness
2. Envy – Asking why me all the time, jealousy, forgets his blessings, those who have Hasad hurt themselves and will burn your good deeds.
3. Greed – Never satisfied, always wanting more.
4. Never get satisfied – Boring life avoids to unhappiness. Children with less toys are more happy than children with hundred of toys.
5. Be Innovative – Introduce change in your life.
6. Victim Mentality – Why people are always against him/her.
7. Excessive Fear – Being scared of father/husband. Afraid to discover new, to start anything new. Musa AS live in a society of fear, when he became Prophet, there was no fear then. Fear is associated with worry. Look forward, don’t look at your past.
8. Optimism – Makes you happy. Doughnut example – Take a pessimist to a doughnut shop and he will ask why there is a hole in the doughnut rather than choosing which one to eat. The Prophet SAW loved optimism. Seeing Allah as positive, thinking good of Allah.
9. Didn’t accomplish things in life, they never feel happy. Set clear goals. Obey the commands of Allah. Focus on your goals, no goals in life is boring. Set goals to achieve.
10. Arrogance – Major sin in Islam; reject the truth, belittle people, racism etc.
17 Muharram 1436
Be around people who are happy.
Staring and not smiling, when going to mosque.
Have a YES face.
After Allah, only you yourself can make yourself happy.