by Shaykh Mawlānā Muhammad Saleem Dhorat hafizahullāh
In order to fully benefit from this blessed month, the following is recommended:
1. Reading from Fadā’il-e-A‘māl of Shaykh-ul-Hadīth, Mawlānā Muhammad Zakariyyā rahimahullāh. We should sit down as a family at a set time, and read and listen to a portion daily. We should study this book before and during Ramadān.
2. Abstain from every disobedience to Allāh ta‘ālā. Safeguard your eyes, ears, tongue and even the mind. As many sins take place as a result of interacting with people we should minimize this.
3. Prepare a timetable and keep yourself occupied at all times. Stay away from every action and speech which has no benefit in this world or the Hereafter.
4 . Make an assessment of all the deeds you have carried out daily. Ask yourself two questions:
a) Have I carried out any deed which will attract the Mercy of Allāh ta‘ālā?
b) Have I committed any sin which will deprive me of the Mercy of Allāh ta‘ālā?
5. Spend as much time as possible in reciting the Qur’ān. The Huffāz should set a target of reciting the whole Qur’ān 10 times, and the non-Huffāz at least 5 times.
6. Read salāh ‘alan Nabī sallallāhu ‘alayhi wasallam, the kalimah tayyibah, the third kalimah, istighfār, etc. in abundance.
7. Engage in du‘ā, asking Allāh ta‘ālā for all the needs of this world and the Hereafter, after the performance of good deeds, before iftār and at the time of Tahajjud.
8. Read in abundance:
lā ilāha illallāh, astighfirullāh, as’alukal-jannah wa a’ūdhu bika minan nār.
9. Spend in the Path of Allāh ta‘ālā during the days and nights of Ramadān. Allocate a budget and spend accordingly.
10. Spend the last 10 days in i‘tikāf, for these 10 days are the very cream of Ramadān. Every year Laylat-ul-Qadr (The Night of Power) rotates in these 10 nights.
© Riyādul Jannah
• Please forward this message on to all your contacts •